July 14, 2009

Can't go home yet :(

Posted Oct 19, 2007 11:23am

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to post a quick note about Jenna. They did rounds this morning and the test results have not come back yet. They are awaiting to see if anything will grow from the cultures taken. Also, they took her for a chest xray this am, but no results yet. She is still spitting up quite a bit of mucus, but not as often as before. They are still having to suction her as needed. She is still dropping down in her saturation levels at times, so they have decided to still keep her on the oxygen and not try to wean her off. Justin and I met with the oxygen company yesterday to receive our tanks to take her home on. They have stopped one of the diuretics which she is taking, so now she is just on Lasix twice a day. She is still mostly happy, but seems to be very anxious to go home. I think she is tired of laying down in the bed all of the time. She is still not doing as well as they would like with her feeding, so hopefully this will improve over time. Dr. Eghtesady was in this am when they did rounds, and feels that they would still like to watch her through the weekend and hopefully we will get to go home by early next week. He hopes to have results today on the cultures. He said that they just want to be cautious with her, which is fine because we want her to get the best care. We are still on respiratory cautions while in the room. We will keep everyone posted once we receive results of the tests. Oh, by the way, Justin did not have to go home yet. His boss let him stay for a few more days to see how the test results go. So Yeah!!! We will talk soon.
Thanks so much to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for us and especially Baby Jenna. We could not have made it this far without all of the love and support from family and friends. Thanks again.

Love, Jenny, Justin, and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment