July 14, 2009

Sad news :(

Posted Oct 18, 2007 12:49pm

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give a quick update on Jenna. Today we came in hoping to hear the news that she going to be going home tomorrow, unfortunately this is not the case. She is still on the oxygen and is improving with her eating, but is not doing as well as they would like. So no change in that aspect. Her oxygen levels are still dipping down, so they are having to make adjustments on her levels from 1/4 to 1/2 liter at different times. She is still having quite a bit of mucus, which seems to be more in her throat than in her lungs. Her chest xray is improving, but not perfect. They are still having to suction her quite a bit. So far today she has not spit up any significant amounts of mucus, just quite a bit when suctioned. They now have her on Albuterol treatments every four hours to help break up the mucus. She has gained a little bit of weight from 13.13 to 13.22. They checked her white blood count this morning and her levels from two days ago were 13.5 and are now 18.5. The high normal here is 17, so they want to make sure that she does not have any type of infection. They are going to be doing nose cultures and blood cultures to check if she has some type of viral infection. They results should be back by tomorrow. At that point they will know if she has anything and how to treat it. Looking at her you would have no idea that anything may be going on, she is smiling and playing. So, they feel that she does not have anything going on, but want to make sure. They are being extra cautious since she is a cardiac baby and just had surgery. Her incision looks great, no signs of infection. They have been giving her Motrin and Tylenol for pain round the clock and want to also make sure that they are not masking a fever, she has been unusually warm the past couple of days. So we will wait and see. They also have her on respiratory cautions which means anyone besides Justin and I that come in, must gown, glove and mask if they are going to be within three feet of Jenna. Anyway, so at this point this is what is going on. We will continue to keep everyone posted as much as possible. Unfortunately Justin will be going back to work tomorrow for sure and will have to leave.:( This will be hard, but hopefully I will make it through. Aunt Stacey has come up today to be with me for a few days, so this will help. Talk soon.
Please everyone keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for everything.

Love, Jenny, Justin, and Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment