So the fellow Derrick just came in a little bit ago with information regarding Jenna's blood cultures. So, as I told you before she was Gram + Cocci in the subclavian line. Well now the blood from her PICC line came back and it was positive too. So, it is in her blood. They have resent cultures from the PICC line again, to see if they show growth. If they do, then they will assess if they should pull the PICC line, in these cases they typically will. But if it comes back negative they will not take it out. So, he went ahead and began the Vancomyocin regimen. Her temp a little bit ago was 102.4. So, up a little from before, they gave her Tylenol to her, so hopefully this will help. Everytime I pull her up in bed, her little back is so hot. Which is mommy's indication she has a fever, I don't need a thermometer to know that. So, now we are waiting to see if the PICC grows anything again. In reference to the blood cultures already positive, in 24 hours we should find out if it is Strep Pneumonia or Staphlacoccous Aerous. He said in 60-70% of cases, it is Strep. And seeing that Jenna already has the symptoms of pneumonia (fever, hazy xray with a pleural effusion (fluid) and positive cultures), Derrick feels this is most likely what she has. But we will see tomorrow evening what comes back. And 24 hours after that result, it will come back what type of antibiotic will kill the growth. But. they do not want to wait, so that is why they started the Vancomyocin, it typically kills everything. We will see. We asked since Jenna developed C-diff in her stool in the past with lots of antibiotics, is her risk higher this time. He said most likely not, but it is possible that she will still develop it. Great. We asked what affect does this have on surgery being Monday. He said that she will be on the regimen of antibiotics for 7 days, and seeing that she is positive with cultures, he does not foresee it being that early in the week, probably later. Just as I figured. But just as long as this goes away and we move on. So, now she is resting with Daddy in the bed, hopefully she will be asleep soon. So, at least now they are aware of what is there and they are able to treat it. We will just keep praying that it will go away soon and her fever gets under control. So, just wanted to add another quick note on what is happening. Keep us in your prayers, especially babygirl and we will keep you posted on her status. Talk soon.
Love, Jenny, Justin and Jenna