Hope everyone is moving along good. Jenna has been enjoying school again, playing with friends and learning lots of new things with her teacher Miss Jessie. She has grown so much in the last few months, we are just amazed at how far she has come. She has been talking lots of her Disney trip coming up, dressing up for Halloween and much more! It is so wonderful to watch her grow. I tried to help her timeline things a little, because she would ask almost everyday, when her trip was. So I told her that Halloween was first, then Thanksgiving, then Daddy's birthday, Disney, then Christmas! And believe me, she knows the order well. But first.....
Prior to her trip to Cincy, we decided to get our hair cut. I was tired of fighting her with brushing, so Justin and I decided it would be best to cut her, but not too much. So off we went, Mommy had her cut and so did babygirl. She got a whole 5 inches cut! She looked so grown up! I was sad a little, but she looked so cute, Daddy's response was-put it back on, I don't want her to grow up! But she loved it :)
Then we moved on to our trip....we arrived Sunday evening. Thankful my hubby drove, I could not stay awake. We had her appointment with the neurosurgeon the next day. Things went well, Dr Stevenson was very detailed and answered all my questions. He expalined her "spot" was not cancerous and was a dermoid cyst. He said basically that when she was in the womb and developing, not all the hair follicles and skin grew out to her skull as usual and got "stuck" in a spot on the base of her brain. He said that right now it is inside of bone right now and unless it would break out (usually they don't) then it is not something he wants to explore. He said that where it is, runs right along her nerves for her face, swallowing and vision. So unless she would start to have issues with that or headaches, he does not want to take it out. They surgery itself would be very detailed and long (8-10 hours) and would involve him cutting a window in her skull and drilling. Not something that sounds fun, and his words were, "I wouldn't do this surgery on a healthy child, much less her, unless I had to." He wants her to be cardiac stable before so, and I said you will be waiting a while if that is the case. But he also said it was not something he wants to sit on, so we will MRI every year to make sure of no changes. So, thank goodness there was nothing needing to be done. That afternoon we went to the zoo, which was fun. And relaxed for the rest of the evening. I will let everyone know how tomorrow goes!